Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On the Road, Training and Visiting

I had a great day of training yesterday.  In the morning I went to Extreme Couture and did some no gi jiu jitsu with Micha Circunov and Darson Hemmings and did some bag work.  In the evening I went to Bruckman's Martial Arts in Oshawa where I did some wrestling, some light sparring and some pad work with Antonio Carvalho.  Carvalho is coming off a big win and recently signed with the UFC.  He made a name for himself fighting in Japan and beating some of the top featherweights in the world like Rumina Sato and Hatsu Hioki.  When I fought in Japan he helped me a out a lot by hooking me up with some great people that helped me find my way through Tokyo and even ended up cornering me.  Definitely one of the most solid and genuine guys I've met in the sport.  Check out one of his recent fights back in Canada.  


Today I'm off to Train at MECCA in downtown Toronto and tomorrow I'm headed to London to train at Adrenaline Training Center for a few days.

Thanks to Andrew and Andy for letting me crash at their house while in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment